MLB

Giants, Michael Conforto reach 2-year, $36M deal, sources confirm

Giants, Michael Conforto reach 2-year, M deal, sources confirm
Advertisements

The San Francisco Giants are signing outfielder Michael Conforto to a two-year, $36 million deal, sources confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

The contract includes an opt-out after the 2023 season, the sources told ESPN’s Buster Olney.

Conforto is joining the Giants after missing the 2022 season following April shoulder surgery. He had become a free agent last offseason after declining an $18.4 million qualifying offer from the New York Mets.

The deal, struck between the Giants and agent Scott Boras, comes after another of Boras’ high-profile clients, Carlos Correa, flipped to sign a 12-year, $315 million contract with the Mets. A previous 13-year, $350 million deal with the Giants fell apart earlier this week after Boras told the New York Post there was a « difference of opinion » concerning Correa’s physical.

Advertisements

Conforto, 29, played his first seven seasons in New York, where he was a .255 hitter with 132 home runs, 396 RBIs and an .824 OPS. He made his first and only All-Star team in 2017.

He had been injured while training in January before deciding to undergo surgery.

USA Today first reported on the Giants’ deal with Conforto.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Advertisements

More Similar Posts

Most Viewed Posts
Menu